søndag 6. september 2009

?

What's happening?!?! Today, I do have the time to quilt, but my inspiration/creativity seems to be gone. I've no idea what to make or work on. Actually, I did find this (rather ancient) UFO when going through some fabrics I thought I could do somethng with. The question is what? Sigh Perhaps, I just ought to go out and enjoy the lovely fall weather we are experiencing at the moment? As you can see, yesterday I just did that, went for a little walk. I was so pleased when I came across some chanterelles.
Another thing, I have been playing with the thought of making this blog bilingual - writing in both Norwegian and English. The question is, would it be "too much" work to do both? Thoughts?
Right, seems to be an indecisive day today. And I haven't even mentioned the fact that I managed to cut the new curtains for one of my daughters too short........

6 kommentarer:

Aunt Spicy sa...

Oh, I really like the quilt top...I like monochromatic! But if you feel like it needs something you could applique a design on top!

Sonja sa...

Tror nok de fleste skjønner så mye engelsk at det er greit med ett språk. Min datter som har bodd i skottland i 9 år skriver bare på engelsk. Hun synes det blir for mye jobb å skrive på to språk. Det er jo mange som har begge deler, men jeg synes din blogg er fin sånn som den er. Lykke til med avgjørelsen.

Hellen Sigurbjörg sa...

Jeg synes denne gamle UFOen mangler bare noen applikerte blomster eller hus, hjerter eller noe annet i rosa farger! De gra stoffene danner en fin grunn! Haper du snart far lysten til a sy tilbake!

Anne-Mettes Oaser sa...

Sylysten skal nok komme tilbage, blot du ikke presser på. Måske trænger du til en pause - du har jo været yderst kreativ og aktiv og fået syet mange Ufos færdige i år.
Med hensyn til sprog - det tager længere tid at blogge på to sprog. Jeg er ikke konsekvent, når jeg skriver i min blog, men som udgangspunkt skriver jeg altid på dansk og tysk. På opfordring begyndte jeg også lidt på engelsk, men det bliver ikke hver gang og ikke altid så langt. Mit råd vil være - prøv og se så hvad du synes om det.
Knus Anne-Mette

Karen - Quilts...etc. sa...

enjoy the fall weather, it quickly leaves us!
I have seen some bilingual blogs and I find them easy to follow. Usually I have seen where the person writes a paragraph first in the native language and then the same paragraph in English. I would think it is work unless the person really is good at English. I just so admire all of you in other countries that speak and write English so well - I can not do any language but English. I wish my grandparents would have kept their original language of French and handed it down through generations that would have been the easy way to learn it. 3 of my 4 grandparents were born in Wisconsin shortly after their parents immigrated, one was born in Quebec. All of their parents came from Quebec.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Sølvis blog sa...

Hei - æ bare lure - sees vi i trondheim på kurshelg om ett par ukers tid?